A physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:
Yes. The fee for patients and caregivers is $100 each. Patients and caregivers who are senior citizens, military veterans, or who qualify for the below listed state and federal assistance programs will be eligible to pay a fee of $20 each. The registration period is valid for 2 years.
- NJ Medicaid Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
- NJ Temporary Disability Insurance benefits (TDI)
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)
The Department notes that smoking medicinal marijuana falls within the definition of "smoking" as set forth in the Smoke Free Air Act at N.J.S.A. 26:3D-57, and is therefore subject to the provisions of the Smoke Free Air Act.
Patients may not,
- Operate, navigate, or be in control of any vehicle, aircraft, railroad train, or stationary heavy equipment vessel while under the influence of marijuana.
Patients may not smoke medicinal marijuana,